Services > Window Tinting
At Bromley Car Audio, window tinting is another one of our many high quality and reliable services on offer. Our staff are fully trained, use the best films available and offer you a friendly, professional service.
We have a range of shades that can be applied and because we are extremely confident of our ability to perform a great installation and we understand that you may have difficulty deciding who to choose, we offer a lifetime warranty on our installations which protect you against film bubbling, peeling or fading.
***PLEASE NOTE THAT AFTER JANUARY 2004 A NEW WINDOW TINT LEGISLATION CAME INTO PLACE AND IT IS NOW ILLEGAL TO APPLY ANY KIND OF TINT TO THE FRONT WINDSCREEN AND FRONT SIDE WINDOWS IF IT DOESN'T COMPLY WITH RESTRICTIONS SET BY THE LAW. BROMLEY CAR AUDIO CAN NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILTY IF THE CUSTOMER GIVES THEIR CONSENT TO HAVE TINT APPLIED TO THE FRONT WINDSCREEN OR FRONT WINDOWS.***
External Link to an Adobe Acrobat Document - Official stance from VOSA (Vehicle & Operator Services Agency).
A lot of people believe that window tinting is used just to make your vehicle look better. There are definately many more practicality factors to getting your windows tinted than just aesthetics. The majority of installations we perform are with a multi-layered film that protects your vehicle's interior from the damaging effects of the sun. It can also make your vehicle safer to drive and to leave parked. Here are the main benefits:
1. Heat Reduction - Up to a 60% heat reduction can be achieved compared to untreated glass. Window films will help your vehicle cool more rapidly, even after hours in the blazing sun by reflecting the unbearable heat out of your vehicle.
2. Reduce Fading - Using our film will block 99% of the sun's harmful ultra violet (UV) rays. This, together with the heat reduction will help reduce the fading of seats and carpets. It prolongs the life of all rubber, wood, vinyl and leather inside your vehicle. It also helps to protect your dashboard, mobile, audio equipment and speakers.
3. Protection from UV rays - As mentioned above, our films block 99% of the sun's UV rays. This is the principal cause of skin cancer and premature skin aging. We all know how we must protect our children and pets from these harmful rays, but the stick-on screens and blinds that are often used only limit the direct sunlight - the harmful solar rays still get through. Parents will know how children become restless and agitated when they are too hot in a car. Our films will keep your children cool and they can't rip it off and throw it at the driver - unlike stick-on shields!
4. Reduce Glare And Driver Fatigue - The film reduces potentially dangerous glare from the sun, headlights and reflective surfaces. The reduction of this glare can actually make your driving safer. Sun strips on the front windscreen are also useful, especially in the winter to spring months, whilst the sun is low on the horizon.
5. Increase Safety and Security - It will help to hold together broken glass if it is shattered in an accident. However don't worry, it will not trap you in the car as it is very easy (and a lot safer) to push the glass OUTWARDS once it has broken. In contrast it is very hard to push it inwards, like a thief would, if they were trying to break into your vehicle.
6. Increase Privacy - Window tinting provides an increased level of privacy from the prying eyes of thieves.
With a special film, applied to the inside of the glass. Unlike cheaper films, ours is actually bonded to the glass and is guaranteed against flaking or delaminating for as long as you keep the vehicle!
YES, if you attack it with a nail or some scissors but you're not likely to do that therefore NO, it doesn't. Once the film is actually bonded to your windows, it forms a tough shield that rebuffs attempts to scratch it.
Pretty much any vehicle's windows can be tinted by Bromley Car Audio. We BLACK OUT a lot of rear windows in vans so that prying eyes can't see what's inside and more and more people are doing this to estate cars. It's almost impossible to see what's in the back of a vehicle from the outside with our tinting, but the drivr and passengers can still see out of the windows without any difficulties. Company car owners can also have their vehicles tinted to look stylish and stand out of the crowd because we can remove the film without leaving any residue so that the car can be returned as received.
A lot of windows now have what is known as a DOT MATRIX effect around the outside edges and this can cause the film to sit slightly proud of the glass but this is nothing to worry about. The only other problem is airborne dirt and dust. We obviously keep everything as spotless as possible, but short of working in a vacuum, tiny particles of minute dust will settle on the glass as we lay the film, 99% of the time under normal conditions you will not even notice them. This is why under normal circumstances, we do not offer a mobile tinting service. How could we possibly do a clean job at the side of the road!
Our window tinting service can be applied in a choice of four shades and all of them are legal to apply to the rear windows and rear windscreen. See below for descriptions on the different shades we provide and click to use our Tint Simulator:
Our Limo Black tinting film kits are the darkest ones we do. These are the same shade as Limousines use and offer complete privacy even in broad daylight. They offer a nice look to any vehicle as well as giving the best protection against Ultra Violet and Infra Red rays from the sun (around 99% protection).
Our Dark Smoke Window Tint offers excellent privacy whilst still allowing good visibility and not being too dark. They offer excellent protection against Ultra Violet and Infra Red rays from the sun (around 97% protection).
Light Smoke is our most popular shade. Similar to the Black Limo and Dark Smoke tints, it still offers good privacy and excellent UV / IR protection from the sun which can cause harm to people and interiors. Drivers still retain good visibility through this tint film even at night whilst people will find it difficult to look in.
This is our lightest shade and is excellent for classic cars and older cars before the factory tinted window era. It offers excellent UV and IR protection from the sun's rays which will help prevent dangerous sun burn on long trips and save your interior from cracking / fading. The film offers excellent security against smashed windows as it holds the glass together preventing theft. A small price to pay for all that security.